It’s been a whirlwind of information gathering and tough decision making for the Felt team this week! We hope you are all in a safe and comfortable space to see out the next four weeks.
As most products on Felt are non-essential, all Felt sellers are required to cease deliveries until COVID-19 Alert Level 4 is lifted.
What this means for you is that your Felt shop will remain active on Felt unless you choose to put it into holiday mode, but any orders that you receive during this period must not be shipped while under Level 4 restrictions. This will be clearly communicated to your customers throughout the checkout process on Felt, as well as detailed on the Felt home page and noted in any promotion by email or social media.
What should I do when I receive an order?
For the most part, process and prepare your orders exactly as you would normally. The only difference is you won’t be rushing to the Post Office or calling the courier until restrictions are lifted.
- Work on the basis that the buyer will pay you when they place their order, as usual. If either party wishes to make an alternative arrangement, you can do this using the Felt messaging system.
- Use the tools on your Sales page to keep careful track of orders and payment – just don’t mark any sales as shipped yet!
- Prepare and package the order for shipping. We recommend that you set aside a space to keep your orders organised and ready to go as soon as you notified.
- We will let you know when deliveries can resume, and we will also keep you informed of any changes to the situation.
- Communication is key. Your customers will appreciate hearing from you via Felt messaging about the status of their order.
As a team, we all personally agree that we shouldn’t be putting unnecessary pressure on essential services, or placing people at unnecessary risk. While these measures will be tough for everyone on Felt, we are all in this together and will make the best of the situation as a community.
We will encourage our customers to continue to shop on Felt during this time, supporting local makers and our local economy. We will ensure they have clear expectations and understand that they will not receive their order until restrictions are lifted.
We hope that by taking this approach, Felt can provide you with a platform for continuing sales and support throughout this time.
It’s okay to feel overwhelmed by the current situation. If you do feel that you need a break from your Felt shop, please do what’s best for you and put it into holiday mode.
The Felt team is continuing business as usual from our homes – we sharpened our remote working skills after the Christchurch earthquakes, and our team is the stronger for it.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions – we’re here to help as always.